Monday, October 1, 2007

7.5 Lifelong Learning Habits

Reading this tutorial made me want to go out and learn a whole lot of new things! I enjoyed reading about the habits, and must admit that viewing problems as challenges can be difficult for me. Unfortunately, I get frustrated easily, and sometimes will give up on something rather than keep trying. I think the easiest one, though, may be teaching/mentoring others. This is something I enjoy doing, particularly if I'm very excited about whatever I'm learning!

Here is my most recent lifelong learning experience: Within the last year, I've tried to teach myself more about getting and agent and getting published, since I finished a first novel last January. Although I'm still seeking an agent, this has been a positive experience in that I've learned a lot more about writing and publishing. My goal, obviously, is to get published. I hope it happens! In the meantime, I've tried to build up my credentials by publishing shorter pieces: essays, poems, etc.

No comments: